Friday, August 22, 2008

Weeds or Wanted?

So, I've been meaning to post and kept forgetting, then Heather beat me to it so I finally decided to get off my duff and blog about a couple of things that have been on my mind.

A few weeks ago (I think the Mamma Mia weekend), Heather was at the house and asked what kind of plants these were.




I told her they were weeds and they were popping up all over the yard. She thought they were on-purpose plants because they have a nice little bushy habit and were next to our pond. Funny thing, later that day, my husband asked me the same question and couldn't believe it when I told him they were weeds and not plants.




These are in my yard too. (I'll try and post a better picture this weekend). They look scary almost, standing about four feet tall, but are really striking. The sunflower in the foreground is also a weed - "Devil Weed" as one of the other Hoes calls them. However, I left the dunflower alone and am going to pull up the Purple Monster.

My other wild weeds include verbena, morning glories (pink and white), and even zinnias have shown up where they are not wanted.

The funny thing is that most of my "weeds" are "wanted" plants in someone else's yard. I almost feel bad now for taking them out, but not enough to actually let them grow! ~ Hoe Naomi

No comments: