Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What I Learned

Naomi had given us the heads-up on a Fall Vegetable Gardening seminar being presented by a Williamson County Master Gardener this past Saturday. I went with Naomi to this informative class and the number one thing I learned was that I'm a really crappy gardener. LOL... At least I wasn't alone in this as Naomi learned the same thing. HA HA.

There was quite a turn out for this seminar where we learned not only the best plants for our fall veggie gardening but also how to get the most from them. Apparently just sticking them in the ground and crossing your fingers isn't enough. Who knew? HA.

OF COURSE, after the class we had to go to at least 1 nursery. In our defense, Naomi had to stop by to get a silent auction prize for a fundraiser she's doing so it wasn't like we were going to buy things, but of course, that is what we did. We both got the most beautiful Passion Flower plant in a dark purple color. They will go beautifully with the light purple version that Naomi has already (that I'm TRYING to get to propagate successfully).

Afterwards we went to pick up a potting bench Naomi had found and what a treasure it was! She's lucky she kept her eyes on it or I might have had to unload it at my house. hee hee.

It was a wonderful time and a fantastic class. I look forward to TRYING to use some of the things I learned at this seminar to make my fall garden not only beautiful but also, hopefully, produce a bumper crop! --Hoe Heather

No comments: