Wednesday, May 21, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...



We just had a Meet & Greet for potential new Hoes. Nancy, one of the "prospects" asked if we took pictures of our gardens to capture they way they looked and to help us get through the winter months. I said that I rarely did, but after she left, I couldn't stop thinking about what she said.

As much work, blood, sweat, tears, etc....we put into our plants, we really should capture the results, whether good or bad. The exhilaration when you coax the first bloom from a plant you previously thought dead can take you through all those days where you forgot and left the new peach tree seedlings in the greenhouse for three days in record high temps in May (sorry Heather!) The excitement you feel when you get your first banana pepper outweighs the time you forgot to spray your seedlings and supplied the caterpillars with a late Spring feast. And if you don't record those memories, how do you remember that in 2008, your bargain basement buy magnolia tree finally got its first bloom?

So I spent the morning going around and taking pictures of those things that moved me. I hope you like them. Hoe Naomi



My puppy, Saba, trying to help me repot plants. I have great dogs. I have an unfenced veggie garden in the back, and none of the three dogs ever get in it (yet). Keeping my fingers crossed!




A volunteer zinnia flower - I love finding these throughout the yard...



We tried to get a wildflower meadow started. We seeded the left side of the house, but had a very dry winter. This is the densest stand of wildflowers we got, but I love to walk in it.




These Easter lilies were buried underground when we bought the house. We tilled up the side to create a little bed and I found a bunch of unknown bulbs. Glad I kept them!




My husband's favorite plant - passionflower vine

1 comment:

Heather said...

I LOVE the pix of your Zinnia from your front bed that popped up. GORGEOUS! Don't worry about the peach trees. Heaven knows we've all done that.