Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Night and I'm Waiting for the Sun to go Down...

So, I'm still here in my office, waiting for the sun to go down so I can drive around one of my properties and check out new lights. Long story, boring subject. But, while I waste time at my desk (because I can only be SO productive on a Friday night), I decide to check out our blog.

First, I love checking out the blog because even though I talk to the gardenhoes via email nearly daily, there is always something that we forget to say to each other face to face that I can catch on the blog. Example - Hoe Heather's pond plant (got to get me some of that). And I got to see how my once defunct bowling ball ended up as a cute as abutton ladybug (got to get me one of those, too). Just over at her house, she didn't even mention the plant or the ladybug because we got so caught up talking about other things, including my now considered mystery seeds from Florida. Funny thing - HH always says I have a green thumb, but I'm always envious when I go to her house (and the other Hoes' homes) because she has such great plants. Grass is always greener, right? (Or in this case, flowers are always prettier...)

Second, checking out the blog always puts me in a good mood because it always reminds me that plants can bring folks together, and I wouldn't have met any of the Hoes had it not been for the flowers. The folks I have met through plants I probably wouldn't have met any other way, so I'm always happy when I think about how I've increased my circle of friends.

Third, the blog reminds me of how the Hoes are so open and giving. I ran Hoe errands this past week - made a round trip to:

1. Beth's (not Hoe Beth but another Beth) to pick up stuff we need for the Pond Tour going on this weekend; got Jen's stuff for her.

2. Jen's place to drop off pond tour stuff and veggies from my garden. I always plant WAY too many plants, and we can never eat all that we get from the garden. So, off to Jen's with a tomato, cucumbers, and a butternut squash. Left with a mimosa tree seedling and deer meat.

3. Heather's place to drop off more veggies (including above plus purple ruffle basil), plus butterfly barrettes I got for her DD when in Key West. Got beer in return.

And earlier in the week, went to Hoe Nickie's place to drop off gourds and pick up wood for a trellis.

So, for nothing more than gas, I got plants, food, beer, garden supplies, and friendship. How can you beat that? And that's why I ended up posting - because the blog makes me think of happy things and I wanted to share with you.

Hoe Naomi

No comments: